Wednesday 19 November 2014

The Hilltop Hotel

So here I am at the Hilltop Hotel.  The view is magnificent and if you want to cool down on a hot day the breeze on the terece is second to none

And after a week of being here the mosquitos have finally found me. Tiny little stealth bomber things that come in for a taste and take off again before you even know that they are there. So small and so fast that I have about 2 dozen bites before I even knew I was under attack!  Now my skin is on fire as I have harsh reactions to mosquito bites and no Reacton to be found.

Oh well.

I went to see the Governor yesterday and Lord Fulivai (pronounced fully-vie) is a very jolly man. Younger then I expected but concerned and caring while maintaining a good sense of humour.  I enjoyed our meeting and he set up a visit to the properties on Hunga Island for today so that I can see first hand what challenges I will be facing in building there.

I will include pictures in my next post.

Char

No comments:

Post a Comment