Sunday 9 November 2014

On my way

So here it is at 3:30 am CST on Sunday November 9th 2014 and I am on my way to the airport with my husband and oldest daughter Chelsea. I am having a very hard time keeping it together as I have not been away from my husband for more then 2 weeks in the past 17 years. I hope I can start getting excited about this trip sometime soon but I suspect that won't happen until I actually get there.

It is now 9 pm PST and I have just gotten on the plane to Fiji.   I have never been on a plane this big before and it is packed!  Just 11.5 hours of sitting in this tiny seat but they give everyone a free pillow, blanket, headphones and toothbrush and toothpaste. That is pretty neat.

So my next post will be a while as I will now need to wait until I get to Tonga and switch my phone.

Sleep tight!

Hello from the future! I got on a plane last night at 7 CST and got off the plane today after 10.5 hours fight and it was 5:30 am on Tuesday!  Of course the first thing I do with my 11 hour stop is go to the pub and pay $12 for a beer! Fiji dollars but still $7 CAD.  At the duty free shop they are advertising a 40 of Jack Daniels for $143 but that is still $85 CAD.

Getting off the plane was interesting as you get off in the open air instead that long tube straight into a building. I will try to add pictures when I have a better Internet connection. And there were the people singing tropical music as we get off the plane too. Even at 5:30 am.

Needless to say I have not gotten a lot of sleep for the last couple of days and am pretty tired but I can't get any rest until I actually arrive in tonga in about 15 hours from now. It is going to be a very long day.

Char

Char

No comments:

Post a Comment